The Science behind the Human Capital Self-Assessment©
We have taken ideas and impulses from a large number of sources and expanded them with our own experience of what makes companies and organizations sustainably successful, customer-oriented and attractive for staff as well as other stakeholders.
The following theories form the theoretical basis behind the tool:
- Agile (customer-oriented organizational structure, a leadership understanding focused on staff development and capabilities, supporting organizational culture, flexibility)
- Holacracy (complete transparency throughout all levels of decision-making, active participation)
- Sociocracy (self-organization and building up collective intelligence)
- Spiral Dynamics (development stages of organizations)
- Frederic Laloux, u.a. „Reinventing Organizations“ (examples of companies having completed such a transformation, stages they go/went through and values-based running of companies)
- EFQM (success through people, supporting and developing staff, partnership, sustainability, etc.)
The maturity model has been developed using inputs from CMMI and other maturity models (5 levels, from 1 – basics to 5 – best performance). The levels 2,3 and 4 from People CMMI – 2 (standards), 3 (transparency) and 4 (individual responsibility) – influenced our own determination of the contents of the five maturity levels in the STRATURITY model.