In a crisis, we all tend to focus on immediate relief, rapid solutions, stemming current harm and resolving challenges as they arise. Right now, businesses are all making significant adjustments to their operations (including closing down for a period). There is massive disruption all over – and also heretofore unknown amounts of rapid reorganization, including setting up entire workforces to work virtually, taking momentous decisions on skeleton staffing, workplace hygiene, home office, furloughs or even reductions, and more. That is all important and urgent, and must be done. And it can easily create the feeling of being confronted with a never-ending series of smaller and larger fires to be put out.
Yet, it is also vitally important to begin thinking RIGHT AWAY about the aftermath of the crisis, long before the end is in sight. In fact, it is a sign of outstanding leadership when people do this!
What are visionary leaders doing at this moment to prepare for ramping back up their business when the pandemic subsides? They are examining their organizational resilience, their “fitness” to capably and flexibly respond not only to challenges but to new opportunities!
- For such an examination, leaders must ask themselves a number of difficult questions, including:
- Am I sure that our business development is creative enough to identify new options if necessary and yet fully concentrated on success?
- Where are our biggest risks and weaknesses and what must we do to mitigate these?
- Are my people genuinely supporting each other and collaborating optimally?
- What must I change in our human capital management to adequately shape our operations directly after the Corona crisis?
- Where are we strong enough so that we don’t need to change anything right now?
How can they carry out such an analysis in a structured, comprehensive and yet clear way?
One way is by using the Straturity Human Capital Self-Assessment©. This analysis can be completed in the comfort of home office but nonetheless covers all aspects of human capital management in a company. It provides concise and practicable answers to the above questions and many others, and enables leaders to prepare to hit the ground running once businesses reopen.
For more information, check out our Straturity Human Capital Self-Assessment© offering!